Monday, June 9, 2008

Everyone is blogging


Blogging seems to be the name of the game these days. You can find hell lots of stars writing blogs these days, may it be Aamir Khan or Amitabh Bacchan .. Yesterday I was watching a entertainment channel which claims that even Salman Khan is about to start blogging.

I have also started blogging couple of weeks back only and so was trying to think of the purpose of writing blog. Wikipedia and dictionary.com defines blog more or less similarly as “an online diary; a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page”. But is blogging limited to just maintaining a personal web diary or a stack of thoughts and comments on events in life? No I don’t think so. The origin of blog was to suffice as a personal record which you can share with your circle, but blogging has evolved into something far more than that. And with concepts like Adsense into play, blogging has emerged as a source of income. Television channels claim that Big B was paid as handsome an amount as 100 crores Rs just to write blogs on bigadda by Reliance group. Aamir Khan recently used his blog to remark Shahrukh as ugly and licking his feet so as to draw Aamir’s attention (and then mentioning a disclaimer that by Shahrukh he was referring to his dog). So is blogging about getting into controversies too?

Anyways will tell you my reason of starting to blog. I started blogging so as to express my views on topics that interest me and my blog I hope will remain a crux of the events that happen in and around me. But yeah I was very much motivated by the blogs that I regularly read and one of them is off course my friend BigK’s superblog .

So friends keep reading bucklife.blogspot.com. if you want to check out how the world looks like from a software engineer’s (who is a normal person) point of view..

No comments: