Thursday, June 5, 2008

Similarity between Onion & Petrol


Which will affect you more, a 5 Rs raise in per kg onion or a 5Rs raise in per liter gasoline?

I sometimes really feel pity about the plight of this country. Off course I am an Indian and am patriotic about the country but feel like agonized and frustrated. During the NDA government tenure, the then honorable Prime Minister had to mention about the steep rise in price of onions in  Address to the Nation on the occasion of Independence Day and more or less similar event happened yesterday evening, Prime Minister Mr. Manmohan Singh addressed nation to explain the crisis situation and why it was necessary to encourage such a steep hike in petroleum products. I respect Mr. Manmohan Singh and his ideology. He has always been a legitimate gentleman throughout his career as a politician. None of the government in power would like to negatively affect people when the elections are nearing, but if the market conditions are so stringent then there is no other way for the government other than levying these rates on common man. Lots of good things happened yesterday, after a long time I got to hear an intelligent debate from bureaucrats as well as big industrialists on news channels. Otherwise these days after the IPL is over, the prime time news was nothing more than a murder in Noida, why the investigation has been given away to CBI, some heroine doing an item song in a movie, some cricketer caught with drugs.

Okay!! How has this price hike affected me? Now my bike will take me only 1.09 KMs for every rupee I spend, earlier it was 1.2KMs (affects me by only .11KM for every rupee I spend). I developed a perspective about the term COMMON MAN. Every news channel was bothered about common man and his expenses. Some of the questions I have about this term,

# Is there no existence of the term COMMON WOMAN? Grow up people, women are sharing each and every tough ground with men today.
# How do you define the term COMMAN MAN? Is it a subjective definition with lots of case statements or is it objective like the person below poverty line or the person earning XYZ Rs per month.
# Am I a COMMON MAN? If yes fine, if not then which category do I belong to?

Another term which I learnt yesterday was hybrid vehicles. Do you know about them and their working? If not do visit Hybrid Vehicle or Hybrid car.

Anyways all these discussions apart, I am really frightened about the after effects of this price hike in petroleum products. They will affect me everywhere. Every commodity that I buy will be now at a premium rate because of this rise but man I can’t do anything. Only power that I have is of voting and with this huge population, I doubt how my vote matters?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are a real INDIAN which thinks only about himself, DID you think what are the real effects of this price hike? With these Oil price hike , transportation of every essential goods will be increased due to which retail price of every essential things required in daily life by a "COMMON MAN & COMMON WOMAN".You go by bike to your office but there are million of people which go by public transport everyday. Do you think what effect this rise can make on everybodies pocket? A mere 1 Re. rise in ticket will make their forehead with lot of sweet...
I can give you so many examples for the effect of gud price hike that is effecting me as "COMMAN MAN".

Yes you said it right what should effect us more a 5 Rs raise in per kg onion or a 5 Rs raise in per liter gasoline? A per kg rise on onion may effect so many families but a 5 Rs raise in per liter gasoline makes a nation as a whole in great problem as we already are facing the highest inflation in history of INDIA .

I dont say that its because of the government only as they tried to make it low whatever was possible but it wasnt possible.


If you still feel pity about the plight i may feel pity for you..

Best Blogger said...

Yes I am true Indian who have lost hope and have given up against whatever is going around... I have quoted that government has raised the price in very stringent conditions and anyone won't like to do it when the elections are in vicinity.

Today only while driving to office my friend told me that Italian government has come up with a project to fight against UV radiations. They will have cycle stands throughout the country and people can rent bicycles at a very nominal rate. People can rent cycle from one stand and can drive to their destination and submit back the cycle there on another stand.

Tell me from the bottom of your heart whether such a kind of innocence you can expect from people around us. If the Indian government plan for any such project, can they expect their bicycles to be intact and same in no. as much as deployed... No dude you need to develop the appetite to adjust and now don't jump back on me asking the typical question "Why don't you get into administration and politics then?".

I don't want to. I want to live a good life and I do every small thing that a good citizen or a common man is expected to do for that.

Unknown said...

Today everyone is worried/shocked by price hike by 5 Rs. for the petrol. this is really bad for a Common Human.... to generalize. But can u think why this happen. I think the mistake is of the govt. only. Why they didn't take any action right from the time the price hiked in the international market. this made the petroleum companies to force the govt. to hike the price that much, and this is right because they cannot bear that much loss for a long time.

Also somewhere there is mistake of the public. We are trying to become global, trying to compete with the international market, but are not ready to face such jerks.

And what the media is doing? Not a single channel is supporting the govt. decision, or making the public aware of what the situation is and what is the need to take such a decision.

I don't think the decision is wrong, but it is right acc' to only the time. And it is waste to say anything, because the govt. has taken very bad/ shameful decisions at different times.

So, just chill out...........
Don't go in much worry.

To save urself from these type of jerks in future, just save the NATURE...that is...... PAPER, WATER, ELECTRICITY( Energy).... and other what U can save.

anonymouse said...

Well onions and petroleum.....

Both bring tears to COMMON (WO)MAN's eyes....

But hardly a comparison. The poor turned jain for a month.... But the petrol hike is going to hit us left and right!